£23,951 per annum, 12 month contract, based at St Faiths, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7FJ.
This is a fixed term position for 12 months. There are 2 roles available.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the role
A new and exciting opportunity working in an Intensive Support Service provided by Health and Social Care for young people aged 4 -18 years.
The Intensive Support Service is a new and innovative service that will provide a service to young people and their families, who are diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour, whose needs are diverse and complex and therefore require specialist support.
The support will be provided by community outreach out of hours. Our main aim is to support and enable children to remain living with their families or carers and support any local education provision and to ensure that all professionals are working together.
Your role as Intensive Support Service Team Activity Worker is to offer effective outreach support to young people their families and carers in the community, across the county to provide an excellent, safe and effective service to young people and their families.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking for experience working in a new and innovative service.
To be considered for this position your application will evidence:
- An understanding of issues faced by children, young people and their families/carers who have complex Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Learning Difficulties and Challenging Behaviour
- An ability to provide appropriate interventions and support under transforming care.
- Experience of working face to face with young people in a Health or County Council context.
- Partnership working as you will be required to work with professional staff across relevant agencies to ensure that multi agency care plans are put in place for children and young people.
- That you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle (much of work will be in the evenings and at weekends when public transport not readily available, also sometimes as crisis response).
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Andrea Willox on 01372203404 or by e-mail at Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15th September 2019.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
(GCSX ROLE ONLY) Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.