Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first. Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents. The London Borough of Hillingdon is transforming its ICT structure to advance technology and digital services. This transformation is taking place whilst effectively maintaining the on-going delivery of high quality ICT services and digital capabilities; enabling us to continue providing excellent services to our Residents.
These are exciting times for ICT in Hillingdon.
About the job
London Borough of Hillingdon is looking for an experienced ICT Project Manager to join our Business Design Team.
As a skilled ICT Project Manager, you will use your specialist knowledge and ability to take ownership of one or more major ICT Projects and deliver these successfully; dealing with any complex situations and challenges that may arise.
You will be solely responsible for the full project lifecycle of projects assigned to you.
This will involve managing the relationships with the business, ICT and the supplier to deliver what the business is trying to achieve and the project’s objectives.
You will be required to make decisions on behalf of ICT about the projects you are responsible for and will deliver projects to time, cost and quality - in adherence to both the Council's and ICT’s Project Management methodologies.
About the person
As an ICT Project Manager, you will have:
- Demonstrable significant experience of leading and managing ICT system implementations or software development projects;
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of various project management methodologies;
- Experience of working in a software/solutions implementation environment;
- Ability to successfully matrix manage a multi disciplined Project team, across ICT and the business functions;
- Proficiency in ICT Business Analysis methodologies;
- You will also have strong and effective communication skills, which allow you to create and deliver Executive-level summary reports and presentations and manage the needs of your various Stakeholders.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy