We’re looking for a Assistant Engineer who will work effectively within our Highway Assets unit. The section has a full and varied programme of works and is now seeking a capable, enthusiastic and self-motivated professional to deliver key work streams.
The successful applicant will:
- assist with the development of the annual highway drainage programme,
- design appropriate solutions, estimate costs and prepare relevant implementation schedules ensuring works are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- visit sites and carry out drainage investigations as required.
- use best practice at all times.
- be capable of preparing and delivering reports, presentations and statutory government returns.
- be able to demonstrate robust financial administration skills, including budget monitoring.
- have a relevant Level 4 qualification or equivalent.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- a track record for delivering drainage projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges / Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and drainage schemes.
- working knowledge of the design and delivery of drainage projects using digital engineering software, systems and data.
- good interpersonal skills and being a team player, with a 'can do' approach.