Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first £33,948 to £42,684 per annum (plus a Retention Payment of £1K net where applicable)
We are looking for Social Workers who have children’s rights inscribed in their hearts and children’s aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better and better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
First Response and Out of Hours Social Work service
Within this service, our Multi-Agency Assessment Hub (MASH), Referral and Assessment Teams (RAS) and Emergency Duty Team (EDT) aim to provide timely assessments and signpost children to the right service at the right time.
What Ofsted said about the service:
• “Decisions are timely, with good evidence of management oversight.
• Partners in the MASH know of, and share accountability for, the progress of requests for information.
• Children are seen quickly and alone, and their views are listened to.”
What our children want in a Social Worker (Views from Talkers, our 7 - 11 year old subgroup of the Children in Care Council):
• “I want my social worker to smile, be friendly, be honest and on time.
• I like it when my social worker smells nice.
• I want my social worker to understand that silence is awkward and ask me more questions.
• I don’t want my social worker to ask the same questions over and over again.
• I want a social worker who will be okay if my dog sits with us when we play.
• I want my social worker to play me with me, not just fill in a lot of forms.”
Are you innovative, creative and ready for an environment to high trust, high responsibility and high achievement? If so, Hillingdon wants you.
Why Hillingdon? In May 2018, Ofsted said the following about our social workers:
• “Social Workers know the children very well and genuinely care for them.
• Social Workers are positive about and ambitious for children, and support them in their interests
• Social Workers are tenacious, skilled and thoughtful, showing a strong commitment to the delivery of good services to children.
• Social Workers appreciate the opportunity to continually develop and progress in their careers and are supported to do so."
This is what Ofsted said about our Outstanding Leaders: • “The dedicated and knowledgeable leadership team models a child-centred approach to all strategic and operational interventions for children and this is replicated throughout the staff group
• The willingness and curiosity to constantly learn from new ideas result in positive outcomes for children.
• Senior managers demonstrate a common sense and flexible approach to provision of this service, with intervention for children decided on need, reinforcing a needs-led approach to service delivery.”
• local government average salary pension scheme
• free parking
• a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
• generous holiday entitlement
• flexible working hours
• season ticket loan
• access to a Credit Union
• access to a wide range of training and courses
• discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
• payment of professional fees
• discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
• cycle purchase scheme
• 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
“Working for Hillingdon Children's Services has been an exciting time in my Social Work career coming from a South Africa. I cannot think of anywhere I would rather work, the support I have been given both by my team and managers has been remarkable making me feel welcome. There is committed staff team, supportive working environment and good training opportunities to grow and boost one's professional knowledge. There are good opportunities for progression within the service. Hillingdon recognise talent and I was promoted to Advanced Practitioner within 18 months of arriving in the UK.''
How will we help you develop as a social worker? • As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all social workers with focused development opportunities.
• You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a “Children First” ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
• You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
• You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
• You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
• You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
• You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.
What we need from you: • You must have the qualities described by our children.
• You must have a social work qualification
• You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification.
• You must be HCPC registered
Additional information: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances. Disability Confident Employer&Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy