£39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week based in the Continuing Care Team at Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leather, KT22 7AH.
Please note this is a full time position but part-time applications will be considered.
Applications from Senior Social Care Practitioners who have a Recognised Nursing or other Allied Health Professions qualification will be considered for this position. Please refer to the Job Profile at the bottom of this advert for further details on this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
This post is eligible for our existing employee Refer a Friend Scheme. (Please note this link will only work for internal members of staff).
About the role
Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker or qualified healthcare professional with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
An applied knowledge of The Care Act, The Mental Capacity Act, legislation and guidance relating to NHS Continuous Healthcare and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students. (For qualified Social Workers only).
In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment we will support you to take your career to the next level.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for progression, excellent training including a thorough induction, essential training matrix linked to your role and professional development plans.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
How we will support you in your role:
At Surrey we really value our staff and as part of this commitment we ensure all staff:
- Attend a full induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of work place shadowing opportunities
- Are assigned a "buddy" to help you settle into your new role
- Are provided with a Practice, Performance and Personal Development folder to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
To be shortlisted to interview, your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- That you are eligible to work in the UK
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree (or are a Senior Social Care Practitioner with a recognised nursing or other Allied Health Professions Qualification) and at least 3 years post qualification experience in a social care or multi-agency community setting
- Successful completion of ASYE if qualified after June 2012 (Social Workers)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- A good working knowledge of NHS Continuing Healthcare, including relevant legislation and guidance
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analytical skills
- That you are a car driver with full valid UK driving licence and use of a motor vehicle
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification.
For Senior Social Care Practitioners: please refer to the Job Description for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Diane Watson on 01737 737322 or Paul Morgan on 01737 737490.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 8th September 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 16th September 2019.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.