Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre is currently recruiting for a Graduate Estates Surveyor to work in its Commercial Property department.
The role will report into the Estates Manager and the purpose of the position is to assist the delivery of a professional Estates Management and Technical Valuation and Advice service in relation to all aspects of the Council’s current and future property interests within Wokingham Borough.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• To assist with the day to day management of let properties
• To negotiate leases/licences/easements for Council land and buildings
• Provide valuations for statutory and other purposes, including Right to Buy, fire insurance and development appraisals
• Provide property advice to Service Departments on matters including ownerships, boundaries and title restrictions
• To dispose of land or grant rights relating to land
• To deal with lettings of vacant properties
• In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will, however be appropriate to the competencies and grade of the post
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
• Excellent verbal, written and diplomacy skills are essential
• Effective negotiation skills
• Ability to prioritise a range of activities to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail using a logical, analytical and objective approach
• Excellent team player
Candidates should hold an appropriate degree, or equivalent, that will lead to a professional qualification (RICS) – support will be given towards APC.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent dynamic Estates Team in the Commercial Property Department.
Closing date: 11pm, Sunday 15th September 2019
Interview date: w/c 23rd September 2019
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Craig Hoggeth at email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710876
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.