Allowances £13,349 -£20,862 per year, per child fostered (based on a child in placement 52 weeks of the year). Additional payments available dependent on skills and for the care of a child with a disability. Allowances are usually tax-free.
We are seeking to recruit foster carers/families to join our team providing regular care for local children. We have various different types of fostering opportunities available ranging part-time respite and emergency care to caring from a young person full-time. You are able to state a preference on age of child or children you foster.
To be successful you’ll need to be a caring, empathetic and patient person, be committed to developing as a carer and have time to devote to one or more children. Moreover, you’ll need a flexible approach and a good sense of humour!
In addition, you must:
- have a spare bedroom (unfortunately we cannot support with finding larger accommodation)
- be at least 21 years of age (there is no upper age limit)
- live within a commutable distance of Bracknell
- have some experience of caring for or working with children (you don’t have to have your own children)
- be in good general health
- have good spoken and written English language
In return, we offer generous allowances plus a huge amount of training and support including:
- monthly visits from an experienced supervising social worker
- 24 hour telephone support
- support and guidance from family support workers
- excellent training and development opportunities
- respite relief/holiday cover when needed
- events for foster carers to meet up and share experiences
- benefits and discounts for carers including free use of Coral Reef, leisure centres and the Look Out Discovery Centre
For more details, please contact Sarah Crawforth (Recruitment and Publicity Officer) on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting where you saw this ad. Alternatively complete our online enquiry form at www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/fostering
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.