Are you committed to delivering high quality services to children and their families? Then this is where you want to be!
West Berkshire Children and Family Services is regarded for the quality of service it provides as a great place to work. With a well-established, flexible, multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery that ensures communication is fast, easy and effective.
The Contact, Advice & Assessment Team is a front line social work team that carries out statutory social work tasks and court directed work for children and young people within West Berkshire.
We have a vacancy for a Business Support Administrator who will provide a comprehensive administrative and customer focused support service to the CAAS. The post holder will also:
- Ensure that working practices are maintained and that processes are followed at all times
- Handle enquiries from members of the public and professionals in an appropriate manner
- Screen and process information some of which is highly sensitive
- Have experience of accurate minute taking with an excellent eye to detail
- Be aware of financial processes such as petty cash and raising purchase orders using the Agresso system
- Have a good working knowledge of IT systems and excellent keyboard skills
- Produce and format a range of documents, including letters, reports, presentations ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented meeting specifications and deadlines
- Provide support to the management and social workers within the team
- An understanding of GDPR which is an important part of the role
You must also be committed to the work of the team, be conscientious, organised, discreet, hardworking and flexible.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, Local Government Pension Scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days, depending on how long you have worked for us and the grade of your job.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
For an informal discussion, please contact Julie Povey, Business Support Manager on 01635 519767 or Shaughna Keet, Support Services Officer on 01635 503158.
Interviews will be held on 19th September 2019