We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this key position in the commercial operation of our leading banqueting and cultural venue in the heart of Reading Town Centre.
About the role
Your role will be:
- To manage the successful selling, Co- ordination and delivery of Special events such as functions, dinners, weddings and activities and services across the Town Hall.
- The management of the Front of House operation including functions, catering, bar services across the building as well as The Pantry Café and Kitchen.
- The management of Front of House and Back of House teams.
- To maximise revenue, demand, and commercial growth of our services.
- To overview the Health and Safety / maintenance and running of the building.
- To Duty manage Events and Functions.
You will often be the first point of contact for our clients and visitors so you will be able to deliver outstanding customer service at all times. Nothing will be too much trouble for you. You will respond to all our clients with a positive, constructive and 'can do attitude' as you will work to ensure that every visitor will want to return again and again.
Working across the whole Town Hall complex you will need to be a great team worker, a real people person, have high presentation standards and with the ability to think on your feet and be prepared for anything.
This is an active role and you will need to be physically fit and you must be able to work evenings and weekends.
If you consider you have the skills and abilities to be an important part of our great front line team then please complete an application form.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
For more information on this position, please contact email@example.com