Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
£20,456 – £23,166 pa
3 year contract
Would you like to be an ambassador for Exmoor National Park? Join the team helping people discover the opportunities their National Park offers for outdoor learning, personal development, fun and well-being.
Main purpose of job:
To coordinate key elements of the Government’s 8 Point Plan for England’s National Parks by:
- Increasing the number of young people visiting and experiencing Exmoor National Park through school visits.
- Developing and supporting outreach and inclusion programmes and projects to engage with underrepresented groups and non-traditional audiences and facilitate visits to the National Park.
- Contributing to, and delivering, an effective, safe and quality environmental education service for Exmoor National Park Authority for formal and informal education groups and establishments.
- More young people experience a connection with nature and their National Park through visits to Exmoor – Ambition to increase supported experiences from 6000 children per year to 8000 per year.
- Barriers that stop more people from enjoying Exmoor National Park are alleviated through supported visits and resources to encourage repeated independent visits.
- Teachers and parents are enabled to connect children’s learning with Exmoor National Park.
If you have experience of developing and supporting outreach programmes and you want to work in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, you will find more information and an application pack via our website or email
Closing Date for applications: 7 October 2016, 12.00 midday
- Interviews are planned for 27 October 2016*