Grade 4 SCP 22 – 25
37 hours per week
Place of Work: Commerce Way
Closing date: 7 March 2017
Interview dates: 20th, 21st or 22nd March 2017
The post is responsible for both driving a HGV kerbside vehicle and loading within a team of 3 refuse operatives. Ensuring they provide a quality kerbside service in the Adur and Worthing areas.
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of working in waste management, and to demonstrate the following:
○ To hold full category C HGV licence with no more than three penalty points
○ A knowledge of the local area
○ A knowledge of local authority refuse and recycling operations
○ Hold a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in waste management operations
○ Have an understanding of Performance, Risk and Reputation Management
○ Working knowledge of the relevant sections of the H&SWA 1974
For more information, contact Kate Woodcock on 01273 263153
Adur and Worthing councils have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Adur District and Worthing Borough Councils are equal opportunities employers and encourages applications from people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, people of any religion or belief or sexual orientation and job sharers. Childcare subsidy is payable in appropriate cases. Work base location is indicated, however you may be asked to work at any such place within the Adur District and Worthing Borough Council Service’s area as required.
As part of Adur & Worthing Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.