The London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team which works together in a ground-breaking shared staffing structure across both boroughs.
Working within the Housing and Regeneration Department and working across both boroughs, you will manage 56 staff across five teams responsible for:
• Preventing and relieving homelessness in all its forms,
• Assessments under Part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996,
• The Home Improvement Agency, providing disabled adaptations including via Disabled Facility Grants,
• Resettlement and support for vulnerable people at risk of homelessness or being rehoused from temporary accommodation.
Do you have the skills, experience and enthusiasm to…
• Shape and lead a large team of talented managers and staff to find housing solutions,
• Work within an evolving and fast changing environment,
• Find ways of improving our housing service, particularly considering the Homeless Reduction Act 2017,
• Work strategically across Council departments and forging links with other sectors,
• Manage change – whether to process, task or culture – effectively,
• Ensure your teams work in the most cost effective way and provide value for money
• Develop an excellent housing service for all our customers
Can you do so for two Councils, with sovereign policy and budgetary contexts?
If so, we really need to hear from you.
Join us in our unique, exciting and rewarding shared service and be at the forefront of change in local government.
For an informal discussion please contact Dave Worth, Assistant Director of Housing and Regeneration on 0208-871-6837 or via
To apply for this job please ‘Apply online’. If you have any problems with the online service please email
Closing date: Sunday 29th October 2017
CVs are not accepted.